Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Come and see us again – safely
June 29th 2020 update: Despite the easing of lockdown, safety continues to be our first concern during the pandemic; to protect our patients and staff and all our families, we have introduced extensive infection control measures and undergone training.
We ask that you please ring or email to arrange an appointment, rather than presenting at the door, whether it is for an eye examination, buying spectacles or contact lenses, advice or repairs. This will allow us to limit the number of people in the practice and maintain social distancing, where appropriate.
We will ask a set of questions to see if it is best to see you in the practice or to arrange a video or phone consultation instead.
How we are keeping you safe:
- All our staff have been trained in infection control and hygiene – all equipment, frames and surfaces are sanitised before/after every consultation. There is a hand-sanitising station at the door, plenty of hand gel around the practice and hand washing facilities. You’re very welcome to come and try on the frames, just don’t put them straight back on the shelf.
- Close contact is avoided, where possible – waves and smiles instead of handshakes and hugs.
- Reduced time in enclosed areas – one of our optometrists may call you before your appointment to ask about your needs. This allows us to decide which clinical tests may be needed and reduce your face-to-face time with us.
- PPE will be worn when appropriate – we will provide a facemask for you if you don’t have your own.
- Screening checks are done before each visit.
If you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 and you need eyecare advice, please ring us. Do not leave home or come to the practice.
If you are not sure about something or worried about your eyes or your sight, please do ring or email. We appreciate the unwavering loyalty of all our patients now more than ever and we wish everyone the best during this difficult time. We hope to see you all back in practice soon.